• Dibels interventions provides teachers with online free reading activities and games to support reading and literacy in the primary grades.
• Between the Lions PBSBetween the Lions is an award-winning PBS children's series designed to help young children learn to read. The Web site includes games and materials from the show, including a literacy curriculum aimed at children ages 4-7. This is a fabulous TV show to TIVO, record as a series recording on your DVR cable if you have it, or record on your VCR or DVD as a travel companion or library for TV. Pop them in if you run short on time and have quality programming in a pinch while you are cooking dinner! https://pbskids.org/lions
• Adrian Bruce.com Adrian Bruce has numerous games to help development phonemic awareness. Some of these games were presented at our Family Literacy Night in December. https://www.adrianbruce.com
• A Cornucopia of New Ideas - This section of Dr. Jean's site focuses on songs and activities to reinforce the alphabet for young children. The main page has many more activities to support kindergarten student learning.
• BookPALS Storyline Online - Screen Actors Guild. The Screen Actors Guild produces this site, which presents audio and video clips of actors reading favorite children's books. Related activities are also included with each story. https://www.storylineonline.net/
• Welcome to abcteach This is the place for kids, parents, student teachers, and teachers. Free Printables: 5000+ free printable pages and worksheets.
• Jacqueline Woodson - Books for children and young adults; Click on the readers tab then click Teaching Books.
This is a link for students and teachers to see Jacqueline read from her work, hear her discuss her work, see the places where she works and just get to know her a little better. From this website, it’s free and easy to get to. https://www.jacquelinewoodson.com
• Teachingbooks.net - This is a website that promotes reading and the love of it. Many authors have web pages here where they share what it is like to be an author, some of the thinking they have as they write, and read aloud from the books they have written so you here the rhythm and cadence of their reading and how they visualize what they have written being read. How absolutely fabulous is that? Click on the book reading tab and enjoy! If you can’t access the free stuff, try going through Jacqueline Woodson’s site above. https://www.teachingbooks.net
• Online Reading Skills - This website provides mini-stories with cloze exercises, speed reading exercises, and other reading passages with activities. https://eslus.com/LESSONS/READING/READ.HTM
• New York Times Learning Network - This site provides students in grades 3-12 with news summaries, daily news quiz, word of the day, test prep question of the day, daily lesson plans, news snapshot, and more
We invite you to explore our online resources of interactive training courses that can help you learn office productivity software such as Microsoft Word®, Power Point®, Excel®, Access®, and Frontpage®. This includes Email practice skills and software references for learning a new language.
Some of these resources contain short, animated courses that can help you learn productivity computer programs. Moreover, some of the featured online animated modules or practice sessions are free! You can complete each course at your own pace in the convenience of your home or office!
Computer & Internet Basics
Learn the Net is a website dedicated to helping you master this amazing medium. Providing tutorials to maximize your efforts on the world wide web.
• LearningElectric.comhttps://www.learningelectric.com/word.htm An educational technology company dedicated to providing school districts with free, online training at their convenience. Their tutorials will always remain free.
• Internet 4 Classrooms https://www.internet4classrooms.com/msword_toolbar.htm This site, in conjunction with Loyola University, provides on-line practice modules, daily dose of the web, grade level help, assessment assistance, and links for K-12 teachers to help understanding of Microsoft applications and other classroom technology applications.
• ESL KidStuff https://www.eslkidstuff.com/index.htm ESL & EFL Children’s resources for English teachers and parents. This site contains over 1,500 flashcard images, hundreds of worksheets, crafts, games, jobs, and lots more.
• ESL Kids Lab https://www.english-4kids.com This site offers: Printable ESL Worksheets, games for the ESL classroom, EFL videos, PPT Lessons Videos, Interactive Kids Vocabulary & Grammar Quizzes, Powerpoint downloads for English teaching and learning.
• Syvum https://www.syvum.com/online/english.html This site provides online English Activities to enhance your vocabulary, spelling and grammar skills suitable for all learners and especially for ESL, EFL & Kids.
• Book Box Choose your language in the language box, and click on free downloads of animated stories. Stories can be downloaded to a computer, Microsoft or Apple system, or ipod. Fun reading for your multi-lingual child! Other downloads are available for low cost if you wish to purchase. Also, an interactive element is coming available where you can record your reading for your child to listen to! Record when you have time, and your child can listen to you read when you don’t have time! How neat is that? https://www.bookbox.com/index.php | https://www.bookbox.com/index.php?pid=89
• Gamequarium A portal to 2000+ free online learning games and activities for Preschool - Grade 6 students. Readquarium, a section of Gamequarium, will help your child learn to read. There are many games and activities to help with any content area: math, social studies, science etc…Click on the sombrero for Spanish videos. https://gamequarium.com
• Color in Colorado.org Click here for fun ideas and activities you can do with your child! These will help build your child's reading skills in Spanish or English.
- Get your child ready to read
- Teach your child about sounds
- Teach your child about letters
- Practice sounding out words
- Encourage your child to write
- Help your child understand what he or she reads
- Reading tips for parents
• Preschool students can complete online games to learn about the alphabet and how to rhyme. https://www.getreadytoread.org
• LOGIN Prentice Hall and Scott Foresman are imprints of Pearson. Our reading series welcomes you to Pearson SuccessNet, a powerful web application delivering online curriculum for teachers and students. www.pearsonsuccessnet.com
User name: cpsreading
Children can re-read and be read to in this interactive web site. Choose your child’s grade level to listen to stories, decodable readers, or leveled books. Remember, re-reading a story is great fluency practice! There are fiction and non-fiction readings to listen to and interactive technology pages for internet applications.
• Reading A-Z: The online guided reading program with downloadable A complete reading program with affordable books, lesson plans, worksheets and assessments to teach guided reading, phonics, phonemic awareness, alphabet, etc. Again check with your child’s teacher for your child’s independent reading level! www.readinga-z.com
• Sites for Teachers & Parents! READING A-Z for 30 Free Downloadable, Printable Books The Online Reading Program. Download, print and assemble hundreds of books to help children learn to read. Check with your teacher for your child’s independent reading level! www.sitesforteachers.com
• Vocabulary A-Z - Vocabulary Lists, Vocabulary Lesson Plans ... You can now access glossary terms for Reading A-Z leveled readers on Vocabulary A-Z. Simply select Readinga-z.com under "Learning A-Z Connections." www.vocabularya-z.com
• Interactive ebooks for children. Talking Books More than 130 fun and motivating leveled reading books to read or listen to online. Free samples at:www.raz-kids.coad
• Starfall.com This site contains a variety of interactive reading materials and games. There are a wide range of stories including alphabet stories, fables and plays. It is a wonderful way to encourage your child to read from a variety of genres! Also, you can download free materials from the site
• Songs for Teaching, Using Music to Promote Learning This site contains thousands of pages for you to peruse -- many with lyrics, sound clips, and teaching suggestions. The top educational pros offer practical suggestions based on the latest in brain-based learning. Innovative teachers share their classroom pointers and extension activities using children's music. Songs from a wide variety of popular artists are presented by academic subject https://www.songsforteaching.com
• Gamequarium A portal to 2000+ free online learning games and activities for Preschool - Grade 6 students. Readquarium, a section of Gamequarium, will help your child learn to read. There are many games and activities to help with any content area: math, social studies, science etc…https://gamequarium.com
• ExploreLearning Give students the A-Ha! moments to last a lifetime. Gizmos: really cool, web-based math and science simulations. Free Trial. explorelearning.com
• FreeTypingGame.Net Is the premiere site to play free typing games, lessons and tests. Learning to touch type has never been easier or more fun. Best of all, it is 100% FREE. No downloads, installations or registration required. Help your child learn to type, and they will be able to write with more fluently. This will prepare them for classes in upper grades as well as college and work fields! It is known that learning to write fluently in print, script, and keyboarding is beneficial to the development of fluent and capable writing!
• Writing A–Z - The most complete collection of K-6 writing resources anywhere. Get instant access 24/7 to hundreds of leveled, downloadable writing resources.www.writinga-z.com
• Folktale Writers Workshop Students learn from two authors about writing folktales. The students learn how to write folk tales, brainstorm ideas and can publish their folk tales on the web. https://teacher.scholastic.com/writewit/mff/folktalewshop_index.htm
• Poetry Express - provides tips and techniques and ideas for writing poetry. https://www.poetryexpress.org
• Young Writers Workshop - students can select a story, print out the graphic and story starter and finish the story on the lined paper. https://www.meddybemps.com/9.700.html
• Interactive Venn Diagram - students enter a title and information for the two circles and then can add words and drag them to the appropriate part of the Venn Diagram. Students can print the Venn Diagram. https://www.readwritethink.org/materials/venn/index.html
• Stapleless Book - allows students to select several format to create a simple book that can be printed. https://www.readwritethink.org/materials/stapleless/index.html
• Interactive Timeline - allows students to create timelines. https://www.readwritethink.org/materials/timeline/index.html